3 cups of high-grade flour
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
½ cup chopped black olives
¼ cup of Dirty olive brine
1 ¼ cup of warm water
1. In a large bowl stir together flour, yeast, salt and chopped olives
2. Combine Dirty olive brine with warm water and slowly stir into the dry ingredients until a shaggy dough is formed. If dough seems too dry add a little more water, one tablespoon at a time, the dough should be barely wet throughout.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot, and let it rise for 18 hours (or overnight )
4. Place a large piece of parchment paper on the counter and generously flour. Use a rubber spatula to turn dough onto the parchment paper, it will be loose and sticky, this is what you want.
5. Flour hands and gently lift the edges of the dough in toward the centre, folding the dough over onto itself to create a round shape. Cover with a kitchen towel again and let it rise for another 1 ½ to 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 230c. Place a large Dutch oven in the oven while it heats (around 30 min)
7. Remove the hot pan from the oven and lift the parchment paper and dough into the hot pot, cover with lid and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Uncover and back for additional 15 minutes, until outside is golden brown and crispy.
9. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
Sign up to our email newsletter.