1/3 cup tomato paste
½ cup water
3 ½ tbsp of honey or maple syrup
1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp Dirty olive brine
2 ¼ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon onion powder
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ¼ teaspoon flaky salt
¼ teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Mix all spices in a small bowl and set aside
2. In a small pot, combine the tomato paste, water, honey, molasses, apple cider vinegar, and Dirty olive brine. Stir well. Add the spices and stir until mixed.
3. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low.
4. Cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water if a thinner consistency is wanted.
6. Makes a large jar – store in refrigerator and use within 10 days.
Sign up to our email newsletter.